L3 Technologies Engineering Co-Op in Muskegon, Michigan
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Combat Propulsion Systems (CPS) located in Muskegon, MI is a recognized market leader in the engineering, design and manufacture of engines, transmissions, suspension and turret drive systems for combat vehicles, including both tracked and wheeled vehicles. It is also a production center for Abrams tank components and supports both domestic and international vehicle customers, including programs for Singapore and South Korea.
This opportunity is located in Muskegon, MI and is open to Grand Valley State University Co-Op students only.
The L3 CPS Co-Op will have 3 semester rotations at L3 rotating through assignments in Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering and Quality Engineering that will all be related to designing, manufacturing, and testing engines and transmissions for military ground vehicles. The first rotation will be in May of 2019.
Rotational assignments will involve the following for each engineering discipline:
-Quality: Understand and apply product specification to the Quality function and Quality Systems interaction in a manufacturing environment.
-Manufacturing Engineering: Design or write statement of work to specify, then procure machining fixtures, equipment and tools. Write process updates. Perform CNC programming or plan manufacturing assembly operations.
-Product Engineering: Do product design calculations and then work with the CAD team to create new component designs. Do stack up analysis, root cause analysis, and engineering report writing.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Please note that preference will be given to local candidates.
- Candidate enrolled in 4 year degree program in Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering with a 2.7 GPA or above.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with, and able to utilize all Microsoft Office Applications with good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to read machining and assembly prints and correlate them with the Bill of Material and processes.
- Must have an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing techniques.
- Must understand metric measurements and tooling.
- Desire to work in a CNC machine shop, and learn the following:
Process Planning Software & CNC Programming
Bill of Material structures
Machine fixture concepts
How to work with suppliers in the design and fabrication of fixtures, tools, or parts
How to work within a union environment
- Background in machining processes, tooling, equipment and CNC technology.
- CNC programming experience in Mastercam, M & G Codes.
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma and SPC methods.
- An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E and Auto CAD.
- Project Management experience, have used MS Project in the past and have developed Statement of Work, Work Breakdown Structure, and Schedules.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Engineering Support
Primary Location USA-Michigan-Muskegon
US Security Clearance Required: None
Shift: Day - 1st
Organization: Division - Combat Propulsion-20000062
Job Level: Entry Level
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 1:25:19 PM
Req ID: 102617