L3 Technologies Manufacturing Engineering Intern in Muskegon, Michigan
Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Manufacturing Engineering Intern
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Combat Propulsion Systems (CPS) located in Muskegon, MI is a recognized market leader in the engineering, design and manufacture of engines, transmissions, suspension and turret drive systems for combat vehicles, including both tracked and wheeled vehicles. It is also a production center for Abrams tank components and supports both domestic and international vehicle customers, including programs for Singapore and South Korea.
As the 2019 Summer Manufacturing Engineering intern you will demonstrate success by:
-Evaluating work methods, preparing and / or modifying documented work instructions
-Specifying, designing, or purchasing tools, gages, fixtures and any related support equipment for assigned areas of responsibility
-Interfacing with vendors on problem resolution, fixture design and building or rebuilding of tools and fixtures
-Analyzing new product quotes and providing cost estimates on tools, fixtures, machines, gages and recurring labor
-Support ing production by resolving process, productability and quality problems using Lean Sigma techniques
- Performing CNC programming; New program development as well as maintenance using Mastercam and M & G codes
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Please note that preference will be given to local candidates.
- Candidate enrolled in 4 year degree program in Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering with a 2.7 GPA or above.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with, and able to utilize all Microsoft Office Applications with good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to read machining and assembly prints and correlate them with the Bill of Material and processes.
- Must have an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing techniques.
- Must understand metric measurements and tooling.
- Desire to work in a CNC machine shop, and learn the following:
Process Planning Software & CNC Programming
Bill of Material structures
Machine fixture concepts
How to work with suppliers in the design and fabrication of fixtures, tools, or parts
How to work within a union environment
- Background in machining processes, tooling, equipment and CNC technology.
- CNC programming experience in Mastercam, M & G Codes.
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma and SPC methods.
- An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E and Auto CAD.
- Project Management experience, have used MS Project in the past and have developed Statement of Work, Work Breakdown Structure, and Schedules.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Engineering Support
Primary Location USA-Michigan-Muskegon
US Security Clearance Required: None
Shift: Day - 1st
Organization: Division - Combat Propulsion-20000062
Job Level: Entry Level
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 1:25:49 PM
Req ID: 102615