ZF Integration Engineer in Northville, Michigan
Req ID 10452 | Northville, United States
Position Summary: The Integration Engineer (Software Coordinator) is the primary technical liaison for implementation of all functional changes with regards to ZF transmissions technology and is responsible for the planning of such functional changes according to internal and external requirements. In addition, the Integration Engineer (Software Coordinator) is responsible for customer product development initiatives, which ensure the seamless and timely integration of ZF products into customer engineering projects by applying ZF processes.
• Serve as a technical liaison to the customer for customer issues, discuss and give feedback on issue progress to the customer and distribute issues and assign responsibilities to the applicable departments as needed. Coordinate with Resident Engineers on next steps.
• Serve as a technical liaison to the customer for functional changes and change management processes for the following modules: Diagnostics, Signal Processing and Shift-by-Wire/Shift-by-Lever; support the release of production calibrations for assigned programs.
• Discuss, plan and support software deliveries with the responsible engineers of other modules and variants; track calibration releases.
• Co-ordinate implementation of requested software changes and issue resolutions with the customer and internal team members.
• Plan software content and release timing to accommodate customer release timing and implementation of software changes while honoring ZF process guidelines.
• Publish timing to the customer and internal teams and monitor progress frequently to ensure timing is met.
• Develop working relationships with customer and internal departments (i.e. teams assigned to other modules); ensure that all engineering changes have no effect on modules or variants (design and test).
• Perform root cause analysis and error correction of system-level problems relating to mechatronic systems, hydraulic systems, sensors and wiring; support root cause investigations and special testing to resolve test incidents as assigned through the open issues list.
• Provide clarification and technical explanation of ZF product specifications, calibration solutions, and component functions.
• Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
• Ensure departmental compliance with all IATF/TS16949 policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, etc.)
• 3-4 yrs of engineering experience in a product/software development and/or manufacturing environment (includes co-op and/or internship experience)
• Working knowledge of technical aspects of applications engineering and product design/development (specifically within a powertrain and/or automotive context)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software
• Motivated to learn new computer tools and follow work processes
• Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently manage multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter, self-motivated)
• English language competency
• Ability/willingness to travel (infrequently)
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Master’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, etc.)
• 5+ years of experience as a software or project engineer within a powertrain software development and/or manufacturing environment (specifically within automotive industry)
• Experience with data acquisition tools (e.g. ETAS INCA, CANalyzer, etc.)
• Experience with software planning and/or project management
• Deep knowledge of the technical components and critical functions of an automatic transmission
• German language competency
Be part of our ZF team as Integration Engineer and apply now!
DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company.Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Our Commitment to Diversity
ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Intern, Electrical, Engineering, Entry Level
- ZF Jobs