ZF Internship in Engineering - Powertrain Calibration in Northville, Michigan
Internship in Engineering - Powertrain Calibration
Position Summary: The Intern – Powertrain Calibration Engineering is responsible for providing technical and administrative support for calibration engineering initiatives and assisting the calibration team with planning, realization and monitoring of the automation of an engine interface check for transmission calibration.
• Assist and support the calibration team to specify the test plan
• Learn about CAN Network communication between engine and transmission
• Conduct tests and procedures with calibration development tools and test equipment
• Supervise tests on chassis roller test bench and evaluate test results
• Support development of further automation of existing tools in Excel and Famos
• Learn how to modify existing scripts to the belongs of the test plan
• Comply with all company and TS16949 policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering or related field (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, etc.).
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 / 4.0 scale.
• Basic mechanical, engineering, and quality skills typically acquired through engineering coursework.
• Advanced reading, mathematical, written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literacy in basic PC based office software including spreadsheets.
• Able to learn and use product specific calculation software.
• Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management Solid interpersonal, communications and listening skills
• Good interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
• Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
Preferred Skills and experience:
• ISO/TS 16949 awareness
• Experience in Automotive industry
• German and/or Spanish language skills
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.