ZF Powertrain Development Engineer in Northville, Michigan
Powertrain Development Engineer
Position Summary:The Powertrain Development Engineer is responsible for application and design engineering to produce and sell custom powertrain components, e.g. clutches for customers of ZF Race Engineering in the Region North America.
• Coordinating requirement specifications and technical requirements with customers / manufacturers in special series and motorsports.
• Ability to execute and coordinate ambitious customer projects on your own (project management) including the preparation of commercial offers with both customers and suppliers
• Designing new components, assemblies using 3D cad software Creo
• Executing basic calculations and trials
• Monitoring the market and competition
• Analyzing and, where necessary, implementing new customer requirements (in cooperation with Advanced Engineering)
• Coordinate the build of prototype material; track progress of prototype builds to meet customer schedules
• Handling production of Special Series products within ZF
• Participate in continuous improvement programs in order to promote team efforts.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Understand and ensure compliance with all group directives.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree
• 3-4 years of relevant experience in motorsports, automotive engineering, prototype builds
• Experience with project management
• Experience with Creo, CATIA or similar CAD programs required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project etc.)
• Technical abilities in strength and material calculations
• Superior analytical abilities with a high attention to detail
• Proven ability to work independently in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Proven ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management
• Solid organizational and time/project management skills
• Experience with SAP
• Ability/willingness to travel both domestically and internationally; sometimes weekend travel is necessary due to race schedules
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.