ZF Senior Engineering Consultant in Northville, Michigan
Senior Engineering Consultant
Position Summary: We are looking for a Senior Consultant that supports our cost engineering team in delivering client work. You will work in project teams at our client’s sites on developing bottom up cost models, to identify product cost drivers. Utilizing the cost models, you will support the client to develop technical and commercial ideas to drive change in their sourcing, production and product strategy. You will work in cross-functional teams with clients and support your team throughout the analysis and evaluation of results. This position requires up to 80% of travel.About Tsetinis Consulting
Tsetinis Consulting is an international consulting firm, which is a majority-owned subsidiary of ZF Friedrichshafen AG. We are a growing organization that is supporting our internal and external clients with regards to strategic decisions focusing on product, sourcing, operational and business related challenges. Our clients appreciate the thorough and implementation-orientated approach, focused on achieving sustainable results.
• Ability to manage a small team and workflow independently to deliver work on time and on budget
• Ability to build independently bottom-up product cost calculations utilizing PLM calculation software of the Siemens Teamcenter Product Cost Management (formerly Perfect ProCalc©)
• Analyze and interpret data to understand cost drivers and identify potential solutions
• Independently conduct process validation of cost model at suppliers to identify product cost reduction opportunities, both commercial and technical
• Ability to independently formulate recommendations and solutions on how to address cost drivers
• Prepare and facilitate supplier negotiation based on the identified cost down potential
• Independently prepare and facilitate VA/VE product costs workshops for suppliers and clients
• Ability to independently prepare comprehensive management summaries and project documentation
• Ability to prepare independently client presentation summarizing the findings and next steps
• Manage relationships with client stakeholders
• Manage, tech and mentor junior team members
• Willingness to invest time to maintain and expand our internal knowledge domain with regards to technologies and production processes
• Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Engineering Economics or related field
• 7 – 8+ years of experience and leading technical projects
• Practical knowledge of current manufacturing technologies (e.g. mechanical treatment, casting, etc.) and adequate knowledge of cost calculation
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Solid team player who is also an independent thinker
• Ability to adhere to project timelines, develop analysis and evaluations as they pertain to product costs optimization
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Robust problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work in an intercultural environment with international colleagues.
• Ability to influence, engage personnel/management at multiple levels within internal and external organizations.
• Willingness to travel as required.
• Strong English language competency - both oral and written
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Engineering Economics or related field
• Experience in the Automotive industry
• Experience in the consulting industry and/or with the main focus on product cost optimization in the automotive industry or utility vehicle industry, in purchasing or manufacturing
• Experience with negotiations of purchase prices
• German and/or Spanish language skills
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.