G-TECH Services, Inc. Advance Manufacturing Engineer in Novi, Michigan
Our client is seeking an Advance Manufacturing Engineer for a full time opportunity
Conceptualizes, Proposes, and Manages Completion of Manufacturing Projects Required to Support New Product Variants and New Products for Industrialization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Attends internal line up meetings and communications to understand new products and variant requirements on our assembly line.
· Creates concepts for line modifications, additions, subtractions and processes to support new products and variant requirements. Utilize internal and external resources including manufacturing engineering, controls engineering, operations and product engineering, as well as external vendors in the creation of these concepts.
· Present and justify concepts and costs to leadership, sourcing boards, and executive leadership.
· Manage projects to incorporate the approved line alterations, leading a cross functional team including engineers, maintenance technicians, and outside contracted vendors.
· Work as an integral part of the Manufacturing Engineering team, and member of the larger operations team.
Secondary DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Process and assembly planning and execution. Process Flow, PFMEA development
· Plan, design write, evaluate and optimize specifications, follow-up with suppliers of light industrial equipment including: assembly lines, assembly cells, jigs, fixtures, gauges for quality checks and torque equipment for the automotive industry
· Meet deliverables, in terms of quality, deadlines, cost efficiency and process capabilities
· Develop tooling and processes in accordance with specified tolerances
· Lean processes, continuous improvement, assembly time optimization, material and information flow optimization with minimal inventories
· Proactively and efficiently agree on deliverables, define requirements and communicate progress with program teams and remote functional experts based at the corporate location and other facilities
· Support program management and launch planning
· Facilitate launch plan and ensure smooth successful launch of a new manufacturing facility
· Supervise supplier activities, document and optimize the execution of equipment and fixtures
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering
· Minimum 5+ years’ experience in automotive manufacturing/assembly facility, with demonstrated focus on Manufacturing Equipment and Advance Manufacturing.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Understanding and Experience with a wide range of manufacturing equipment, including assembly and test, robots, and manual processing.
· Experience in manufacturing process and equipment concepting and costing, including operations cost estimating as required.
· Experience presenting concepts to a leadership-based audience and justifying proposals and costs.
· Experience in managing projects including creation of project plans, timelines, and an effective team leadership style.
· Lean Manufacturing and JIT production system implementation
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD, PLC, Robotics, Vision system, WHMIS and OSHA regulations
· Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
· Pre-Start & H &Safety reviews, PFMEA, APQP, MTM-UAS
· Knowledge of material flow concepts, quality systems, tooling systems including GD&T are preferred.
· Working knowledge of problem solving techniques, such as 8D, Red X, 5 Why
· Requires a high level of communication with other engineers, maintenance technicians, and management and production operators.
· Ability to work in a team environment is a must.
Req ID JN -052020-114202