MSC Software Application Engineer, Acoustic Simulation in Novi, Michigan
Founded in 1998, Free Field Technologies (FFT, www.fft.be) -part of the Hexagon group- (www.hexagon.com) is a SME developing and supporting the Actran software suite for acoustic simulation. The company serves customers as diverse as car manufacturers and their suppliers, aircraft and aircraft engine manufacturers, loudspeakers and other audio device producers, consultants, universities and research centers.
We also provide related services: acoustic CAE consultancy (on-site or off-site), training, specific developments, contract research and provide a range of services in the field of acoustic design. The Company is also involved in multiple research programs in acoustics, aero-acoustics, vibro-acoustics, high-performance computing etc.
Actran is used by hundreds of companies worldwide including Airbus, Boeing, Safran, Rolls Royce, BMW, Ferrari, Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Renault, Bose, Microsoft, Panasonic and many more. Free field Technologies operates from its Belgian headquarters (close to Louvain-la-Neuve) and from branch offices in Toulouse, Tokyo, Beijing, Bangalore and Troy). It also leverages the commercial and distribution network of its mothership (Group).
Our company offers a challenging, supporting and international working environment. You will be in contact with the very best experts in the field of acoustic simulation and with first class customers from the automotive, aerospace and heavy industry communities. At their contact you will develop your technical and interaction skills. You will have the opportunity to travel. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
As a member of the FFT staff of world-class experts in acoustic simulation, you will be integrated in the Project and Support Group and under the responsibility of the French General Manager, you will be involved in the following activities:
• providing technical support of the Actran acoustic simulation software to worldwide customers;
• providing technical trainings;
• working on challenging acoustic, vibro-acoustic and aero-acoustic consulting projects using Actran and other leading CAE software;
• working on the improvement of Actran through intensive collaboration with the Product and Development Team;
• supporting our sales team and our distributors in promoting our products.
An engineering masters degree is a prerequisite, preferably in Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics or Civil Engineering;
• a prior experience with commercial CAE software (structural FEA, acoustics FEA or CFD package) is an asset;
• the ability to manage multiple projects;
• effective communication skills (spoken and written English) with colleagues and customers;
• the ability to work well with others in a diverse team environment;
• problem-solving skills, ability to create engineering solutions to customer problems;
• skills in writing and presenting/demonstrations;
• a taste for programming (Matlab, Python, DOS or bash) and travels is desirable.