Daifuku Web Holding Company Controls Engineer, Associate in Novi, Michigan
Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifukuna.com), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The Jervis B. Webb Company is the world class leader in design, build, and installation of large scale, airport baggage conveyor security systems. At Webb, this division is named Airport Technologies (ATec) because we specialize in traditional baggage systems as well as innovative airport material handling.
Our controls engineering team averages 10 years of experience because we value mentorship, growth, collaboration, and flexibility. Members of our team view our work as a career. We can offer you the opportunity to bring your creativity to our innovative systems. Be a part of the best, most experienced team in the industry.
The company is currently seeking an Associate Controls Engineer.
As an Associate Controls Engineer, you will be a member of the team responsible for the electrical/controls portion of airport baggage security systems. You will design the electrical and/or software elements to meet the specifications within the project schedule and budget. Additionally, you will be a part of writing the technical specifications, designing the control panels, debugging the PLC programs, and commissioning the systems.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Design electrical/PLC control systems. This may involve specifying work for others to produce electrical device, layout drawings; motor control panel drawings; and wiring schematics.
- Installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
- Perform control system and software changes; create and modify system specifications and operating procedures.
- Program, troubleshoot, and repair: sensors, scanners, visualization systems, motors, frequency inverters and encoders.
- Participate in testing and commissioning efforts at major airports.
- Support proposals and customer inquiries.
- Meet timelines to ensure projects stay on schedule and on budget.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of systems and services.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
*Basic Skills & Abilities *
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate course.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Verbal and Written Expression and Recognition — Listening to, understanding, and communicating information and ideas through spoken or written words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong, or is likely to go wrong, even if the solution to the problem is not obvious.
- Conscientiousness – Thorough and diligent in one’s duties. Recognizes tasks that need to be completed and facilitates the completion of those tasks independently.
- Occasionally working extended hours, weekends, and holidays in support of customer service and change requests. Customer sites are located throughout the country; the selected candidate will need to travel for commissioning of control systems and on-site engineering tasks that cannot be accomplished from our office. On occasion, off-shift work may be necessary to support commissioning efforts.
Education & Experience
- BSEE, E.T. or relevant technical degree, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC ControlLogix programming (preferred).
- AutoCAD experience (preferred).
- Experience with material handling equipment (preferred)
Demonstrated Physical Abilities
Remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents; communicate with others through talking/hearing; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence. While on job sites, must be able to walk airports and plants and remain standing for most of the shift. Must be able to climb ladders to access our conveyor systems_. _
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1233 and leave a message and your call will be returned.