Daifuku Web Holding Company JBW Mechanical Designer II (Automated Vehicle Engineering) in Novi, Michigan
Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifuku.com/us/), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The company is currently seeking an experienced Mechancial Designer.
Position Summary/ Primary Purpose
The Designer is a member of the AGV Engineering team that reports to the Engineering Supervisor. This position will participate in the design and detailing of Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs) and Automatic Guided Carts (AGCs) for both custom and standard designs infrastructures - including, but not limited to vehicle frames and load handling frames, as well as electrical enclosure and wire routing. The Designer will work with the team’s mechanical and electrical engineers to turn engineering models into drawings for manufacturing production
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Actively engages in creation of effective manufacturing drawings from 3D model designs. 3D designs primarily exist in AutoDesk Inventor or SolidWorks.
- Works to communicate design ideas and manufacturing concepts to manufacturing personnel through drawings, presentations and shop visits.
- Assist in new department designs and concepts by participating in design reviews and manufacturability meetings.
- Prepares designs or related drawings or details for manufacturing release.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Basic Broad Knowledge (Basic/Preferred)
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
Basic Skills & Abilities (Basic/Preferred)
- Full Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 GD&T standards and the ability to apply them to manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing the work load between projects depending on schedules and work remaining.
- Positive attitude toward work requirements, fellow employees, and customers. Team orientation.
- A wide degree of initiative, creativity, independence, and latitude is necessary and expected.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Understanding of design and detailing requirements for sheet metal manufacturing processes.
Education & Experience
- Degree from CAD training school.
- Experience in creating detail drawings in AutoDesk Inventor, preferred.
- Experience in creating detail drawings in SolidWorks, preferred.
- Experience in creating detail drawings in AutoCAD 2014 or later - 2D and 3D.
- Experience with creating weldment drawings, sheet metal fabrication drawings and overall mechanical assemblies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Demonstrated Physical Abilities as Follows:
Remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence.
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or medical condition. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please call 248-553-1000.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more.
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1000 and leave a message and your call will be returned.
# of Openings: 1
Shift: All Shifts
Company Division: WEBB