Cosma International Sr. Product Engineer - Innovation Eng. Core Products in Novi, Michigan
Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seating systems, seat structure and mechanism solutions as well as foam & trim products for the global automotive industry. Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing.
Develop, design and improve new and existing automotive products. Generally complete the following duties and responsibilities with the support of senior engineering personnel and/or engineering management
- Generally assigned to complex components, sub-assemblies and systems. Assignments may include programs with new customers, the introduction of new operating procedures and the product delivery process
- Coordinate the complete development for the designated products including, but not limited to design, build and test activities, in accordance with standard operating procedures and the product delivery process.
- Helps define and incorporates customer requirements, and product specifications into the design of the designated products, ensuring compliance with operational, cost, timing, safety, reliability, quality and manufacturing feasibility parameters and government regulations
- Analyze products and formulates engineering conclusions by the application of engineering and/or mathematical principles and tools. Applies Quality Function Deployment (QFD), Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Pugh Analysis, Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE), and Design for Manufacturing/Design for Assembly (DFM/DFA) in the development of the product.
- Write/compile engineering content for the following deliverables: engineering specifications and documentation, including DVP&R;’s, 8D’s, GD&T;, BOM, prototype control plans, key product characteristics, engineering changes and work orders.
- Consult and collaborate with personnel in various engineering and design activities relative to product development requirements. Conducts effective communications within the project team and the customer, supplier, manufacturing and quality communities with guidance from engineering management and senior engineering personnel. Maintains all appropriate documentation.
- Actively conduct Design Engineering studies to create/modify seat system structural & kinematic solutions using CAD tools. Additionally, the individual needs to be able to communicate effectively and provide engineering direction and support to additional design personnel offshore.
- Review and approve engineering designs. Review, approve, complete, and submit required change notices to ensure design outputs meet design inputs.
- Independently prioritize the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables. Contribute to the development of project timing.
- Maintain Good Housekeeping of the area
- Ensure adherence to company, departmental and health and safety systems and policies to meet legislative requirements.
- Authorities as detailed in Standard Operating Procedure 8000 (continuous improvement).
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s degree (or Bachelor’s equivalency) in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 7 years diversified engineering experience, including production launch.
Ability to apply academic and other engineering principles in the development of automotive components.
Must be able to read blue prints.
Proficient in CAD and GD&T.;
Proficiency in Adams preferable.
Working knowledge of statistical methods, i.e. APQP, DFSS.
Must be able to apply academic principles and utilize math-based tools.
Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving and presentations.
Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, may require travel.
Group: Magna Seating
Division: Magna Seating Engineering Office
Job Type: Regular