TEKsystems Telecom Engineer in Novi, Michigan
Top Skills Details:
1.) 5+ Years of Installing, monitoring, maintaining and supporting all Telecom network hardware, software, and communications equipment. (deploying VOIP phones, Bi-directional amplifiers, replace cell repeaters, etc.)
2.) Proficient working with Call Manager - Designs, develops, implements and troubleshoots new procedures and technologies that impact all telecom equipment.
3.) Basic knowledge of desktop or network troubleshooting (can help the field locations and partner with the desktop team)
*nice to have experience auditing invoices from teleco'sDescription:
Provide technical expertise within the Telecom environment by supporting and maintaining communications equipment including software, hardware, satellite phones, Bi-Directional Amplifiers, cellular repeaters, and smartphones. Function as a key technical advisor responsible for developing solutions, performing analysis of telecom support operations. Designs, develops, implements and troubleshoots new procedures and technologies that impact all telecom equipment. Assist and verifies telecommunications invoices for accuracy, as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides and assumes complete ownership of all Telecom related issues.
• Installs, monitors, maintains and supports all Telecom network hardware, software, and communications equipment.
• Resolves telecommunications issues by applying problem solving techniques, monitoring methods, analysis and testing.
• Monitors telecommunication systems/information and interface with Information Technology, Deskside Support, Engineering and field personnel to resolve any issues.
• Diagnoses complex system hardware, software and operator problems and recommends or performs any remedial actions necessary to correct problems based on knowledge of system operations.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Collaborates with users to identify new technologies to benefit Company.
• Maintains and establishes Telco policies and procedures.
• Proficient in Cisco Unified Communications System (CallManager)
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in specialized turret software
• Smartphone testing, deployment and troubleshooting
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs