Mahle Technical Specialist - Engine Development in Plymouth, Michigan
We like it when our employees have goals. What about you? Are you ready to grow with your challenges? MAHLE is a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. With our product portfolio we address all the crucial issues relating to the powertrain and air conditioning technology—both for drives with combustion engines and for e-mobility. Today, some 78.000 employees work on innovative products at 170 production locations and 16 major development centers.
Technical Specialist - Engine Development
MAHLE Powertrain - Technical Specialist
Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility?
- The Technical Specialist, Engine Development for MAHLE Powertrain will Lead the planning and execution of internal and external engine development projects on spark and / or compression ignited engines.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, plan and supervise the execution of engine dynamometer test programs with focuses ranging from base engine development through steady-state and transient calibration mapping
- Consult with the engineering teams on engine test plans, data quality checks and report preparations
- Mentor development engineers to provide guidance with their technical career development
- Develop and refine department processes to ensure high quality results and efficient project delivery
- Provide technical guidance to the engineering and sales teams in the area of engine development and testing
- Demonstrate technical leadership in base engine development and calibration
- Provide lead technical interface to customer as required
- Provide input on technology and market trends in order to contribute to the strategic business plan and assist with coordinating capital budget planning
- Prepare technical reports, papers and presentations for both internal and external delivery
- Manage the scope, timing and budget of select development department projects
- Generate and review project proposals
- Provide proactive technical support of business development activities
- Confers with management and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products
- Observe all safety rules and regulations. Must act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around the work area
- Maintain awareness of, and meet the requirements of the Company Quality System.
- Employee duties are not limited to those stated above, but are inclusive of any tasks assigned by supervisor/manager
Impress us – with your professional and personal skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering related discipline from a four year accredited university is required
- Master's Degree is preferred
- 10 or more years of combined experience in powertrain design, development and / or calibration - required
- 10+ years of Engineering experience in Automotive Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) is required
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle powertrain systems and testing techniques within an Engine Test Cell environment
- Knowledge of powertrain control Systems principles & architectures, including the use of calibration tools and processes
- Knowledge of legislative requirements for fuel economy and emissions
- Ability to coordinate teams and develop project execution plans
- Confidence to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and with customers
- Self motivated with the drive to complete tasks in a timely manner with appropriate attention to detail
- Knowledge of spark ignited and compression ignited combustion systems
- Knowledge of advanced testbed development tools and techniques (e.g. design of experiment and automapping)
We offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. We ensure this through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program. We value outstanding performance. That’s why our goal is to work with you on a long-term basis. We not only encourage you to reach your potential, we also offer performance-based pay and flexible working options for your different stages of life. Go your path – with us.
Mr. Jordan Taylor is available to answer any questions at email@example.com.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled