General Motors Sr Transmission Controls Hardware DRE - GPS0003635 in Pontiac, Michigan
Transmission Controls Hardware Design Release Engineer
Are you a mechanical, electrical, computer, or software engineer looking to advance your career to the next level? Join the team of engineers responsible for design and release of the controls hardware which sits at the heart of every transmission we produce. The Design Release Engineer position is of high visibility to leadership and forms the foundation of our engineering team at General Motors Global Propulsion Systems (GPS).
- Lead the Design, Development, and Validation activities for Transmission Controls Hardware components including valve body, hydraulic routing, actuators, sensors, wiring from concept through production.
- Project Management of all activities related to bringing components to production by leading a cross-functional team comprised of Design, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Supplier Quality Engineering, Development/Validation as well as Supplier representation.
- Serve as direct interface with GPS program leadership including Chief Engineers and staff to provide technical design direction recommendations with business case for your components. As the DRE, you are the ‘CEO of your parts’, responsible for balancing business and technical deliverables.
- Coordinate on-time component manufacture and delivery for Pre-Production Operations (PPO) and transmission assembly plant build activities.
- Lead validation testing, root cause analysis, cost and warranty reduction efforts.
- Contribute to the improvement of documented engineering best practices.
- Lead in the creation and development of new component technical specifications.
- 10% travel required (domestic & international)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Minimum two years of experience in at least ONE of the following:
1. Demonstrated experience in leading projects with on-time completion, solving complex technical problems, working in cross-functional teams, working effectively with others.
2. Demonstrated technical and professional experience in controls related engineering, software, hardware, calibration, or development.
3. Prior experience as a Design Release Engineer.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- DFSS Certification
- Prior automotive related industry experience