Kelly Services Senior Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering in Portage, Michigan
Kelly Services is seeking an Manufacturing Engineer for our well-known client in the Medical Device industry in Portage MI. The ideal candidate will have Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years’ experience of related experience. This is a 6-12-month contract role with a possibility of extension.
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Portage MI
Duration: 6-12 months
The role for the Manufacturing Transfer team is to complete all the required activity to transfer operations from Client acquisitions to Client production facilities or Contract Manufacturers- following Client’s Quality and Manufacturing transfer procedures.
• Project involves setting up of a semi-automated assembly line involving complex electromechanical equipment including ozone generators, vacuum chambers, electrical panels of sterilizer units and in-line testing.
• The Project Engineer works within a cross functional team to execute various tasks within the manufacturing transfer process per associated timelines, quality requirements and budget.
• Works with current suppliers to understand how components and sub-assemblies are manufactured, review validation documents, conduct Supplier Quality evaluations in order to plan the transfer of manufacturing process to Client manufacturing sites or other new suppliers/contract manufacturers. .
• Supports in planning, testing, validation work in the areas including: PCB manufacturing, injection molding, manual assembly, electrical design, floor layout, fixture design, DFM activities and testing equipment-to name a few.
• Checks and approves engineering drawings for technical completeness, clarity, tolerance stack analyses, conformance with standards, dimensional accuracy and the correct specification of materials and processes.
• Reports observations/problems clearly and concisely, recognizing and highlighting specific deviations.
• Provide feedback and redlines on manufacturing work instructions, layouts, and equipment.
• Provides on-going status reports including periodic reviews progress and evaluation of results to management.
• Work closely with other functional areas of the company to drive successful project implementation.
• Actively engages with Manufacturing Operations to evaluate existing process layouts in terms of new process integration, ensuring best utilization of floor space, minimized handling and optimum process flow.
• Travel to meet with suppliers within United States and possible International travel 20-40%.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Technical understanding of mechanical engineering drawing principles, including dimensioning methods, Theory and application of GD&T, types of datum systems, manufacturing and/or inspection jigs and fixtures, limits and fits , Surface roughness specification.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively work cross-functionally and externally as required.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design.
• Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings
• Supplier Quality Engineering/auditing experience preferred
• Familiarity with PPAP, control plans and validation is preferred
• Experience in an FDA regulated environment (preferably Medical Device) or regulated industry beneficial.
• Experience with managing Manufacturing transfer projects very beneficial
• Experience in ECR/ECN and systems such as onePLM, Windchill & SAP beneficial
• High level of PC Skills required. (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project).
Preferred Experiences :
• Experience in manufacturing and final testing of medical device products very beneficial.
• Familiar with the use of handheld multi-meter, hand tools, measuring devices such as digital calipers and torque drivers.
• Knowledgeable of electrical devices including AC/DC voltages, Digital Multi-Meters and power supplies. Hi Pot equipment a plus.
• B.S in Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline with minimum 5 years’ work experience.
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to premier perks, including:
Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
Group insurance options
Service bonus plan
Holiday pay plan
Weekly electronic pay options
Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
Outstanding online employee community
Transportation Spending Accounts
Offered and coordinated by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly , we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
- Kelly Services Jobs