Penske Industrial Engineer in Romulus, Michigan
The Industrial Engineer (IE) is responsible for preparing analyses and implementing projects involving all aspects of warehousing to support the customer. This includes developing solutions or request for proposals by designing, developing, analyzing and/or implementing comprehensive supply chain solutions to determine optimal warehouse design, functional requirements, material handling equipment applications, work measurement and labor standards, incentive systems, slotting, operational planning and improvement through data collection, statistical and mapping analysis, and designing customized solutions. The IE will also participate in location startups, process improvement teams and cost saving initiatives.
• Analyzes the distribution processes and identifies areas for improvement
• Develops new methods / tools to improve processes, oversees implementation of change, develops metrics to evaluate the new process and evaluates the cost benefits
• Monitors and updates Labor Management system to ensure system performance and data integrity
• Creates and maintains flow diagrams for warehouse processes
• Evaluates facility design for best cube, capacity, and thru-put and develops recommendations for improvements
• Develops metrics to monitor organizational compliance with processes for quality and productivity and ensures that appropriate action plans are developed for continuous improvement
• Designs, implements and/or analyzes one customer solution at a time with supervision as assigned
• Performs SKU analysis to determine slotting and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) requirements
• Prepares facility layout and design to maximize efficiency. Maintains the facility AutoCAD drawing
• Works effectively as a team member accomplishing assigned goals
• Participates in cross-functional groups to create the expected customer outcome
• Interacts with internal and external customers on an as needed basis and that is determined by their role in the project
• Works within budget guidelines provided
• Ensures solution will meet financial goals and provide cost savings
• Meets customer deadlines by providing required designs, analysis or implementations
• Develops an understanding of the customer’s needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met
• Understands what the customer does, what their business model is and what their expectations are
• Interacts with the customer by phone, email or in person in an as needed basis
• Able to resolve situations quickly, communicate status of problem, and work with the appropriate subject matter expert until it is fixed with the guidance of a more senior level associate
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics
• 1- 4 years comparable experience designing, developing, implementing and executing supply chain solutions in at least one service line required
• Fundamental understanding of supply chain and logistics concepts preferred
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
• Intermediate computer skills in assisted drafting equipment software (CAD), network modeling and warehousing design tools preferred
• Ability to analyze data and conduct extensive research required
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with internal and external customers required
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
• Complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit.The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 15520 Wayne Rd Romulus, MI 48174
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Romulus
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Engineering
Req ID: 2105130
- Penske Jobs