DENSO International America, Inc. Telematics Mechanical Engineer II - III in Southfield, Michigan
The selected individual will beinvolved in DENSO electronic moduledevelopmentwith such responsibilities as:
- Design electronic module casing, per design constrains and requirements. List multiple design options and propose best one;
- Design achieved through the use of various types of mechanical analysis, design for manufacturability, 3D CAD modeling and 2D CAD drawings.
- Responsible for thermal modeling of selected electronic module, considering thermal radiation, and design tolerance;
- Responsible for prototype sample making, simulations and evaluations, environmental/durability testing and investigation;
- For mass production, creates and/or directs the creation and verification of product drawings. Reviews drawings and engineering changes and implement changes as necessary;
- Establishes critical check items. Checks drawings according to DENSO standard, customer standards and past experience. Creates and checks product dimensioning and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T;).
- Collaborate with the Denso Japan (GHQ) mechanical designers. Communication language should be English.
- Work with outsource company to create thermal model of the electronic module and its environment, then run simulations at various scenarios;
- Propose the best packaging options and mounting options based on design requirements;
- Propose the small casing design, optimal PCB size configurations, and connector design to achieve overall smallest design footprint;
- Generate 3D model of electronics module case, PCB, connectors, antenna using CAD package (Unigraphics or CATIA);
- Work with select vendors to create metal/plastic cases based on 3D models;
- Analyze and adhere to internal & external specs, requirements, regulations and industry standards
Mechanical Design Engineer (requires Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering)
- Mechanical design engineer with 3-5 experience in automotive field, designing vehicle electronic components;
- Experience in using CAD package experience, prefer Unigraphics;
- Experience with metal or plastic material casing design;
- Good communication skills;
- No objection for weeks of business trip or working oversea to Japan in order to obtain mass production design skills through OJT.
Work Locations: DIAM Southfield (20003-1) 24777 Denso Drive PO Box 5133 Southfield, 48033
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Req ID: 180000B4