Kelly Services Automotive Training and Development Specialist in Troy, Michigan
Automotive Training and Development Specialist
Our customer is looking for an Automotive Plant Training & Development Consultant in the Troy, MI area. This position is responsible for analysis, research, development and delivery of manufacturing processes and technical launch training with on-site support to OEM vehicle assembly plants in the US, Canada and Mexico.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Provide on-site training and support at each of the OEM vehicle assembly plants.
• Instruct and consult plant process and repair personnel to improve their understanding of the vehicle and its highly intricate and interconnected systems and subsystems.
• Present and demonstrate efficient and effective methods of diagnosing and correcting vehicle assembly, vehicle electrical systems and sub-system deficiencies.
• Conduct root cause analysis to accurately identify the cause(s) of assembly and vehicle deficiencies.
• Act as the training liaison between product/manufacturing engineering and general assembly by creating, designing and developing training materials related to vehicle assembly process, electrical harness manufacture, vehicle electrical system architectures and schematics.
• Communicate and share lessons learned, developed training materials and information gathered in support of one plant project with remaining plants on a timely basis.
• Analyze and identify future training needs for each of the OEM vehicle assembly plants.
• Support and participate in plant launch meetings and provide training reports to Raytheon management, the OEM management and OEM launch teams.
• Interface with engineering, component suppliers and vendors to validate and develop training materials for the manufacturing process, vehicle and vehicle electrical sub-systems prior to the Start of Regular Production (SORP).• Research and compile manufacturing processes and technical information to be included in training course materials, such as, but not limited to engineering schematics, work in process service information, engineering documents, engineering math data and manufacturing reports.
• Minimum four years’ experience as an automotive instructional designer, training developer, automotive instructor and/or manufacturing instructor.
• Demonstrated knowledge of automotive systems from an advanced diagnostics perspective.
• Demonstrated knowledge of OEM manufacturing tracking and reporting systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of OEM manufacturing dynamic vehicle testing systems.
• Ability to develop professional training materials using pre-launch documents.
• Ability to read and interpret a digital multimeter, OEM diagnostic scan tool and other automotive related diagnostic test equipment.
• Ability to effectively conduct one-on-one and group presentations.
• Ability to interpret early engineering level electrical schematic diagrams.
• Ability to read OEM supplier electrical harness prints.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Extensive travel flexibility. Upward of 50% travel, depending upon launch.
• Ability to work independently without supervision.
• Valid Driver's License
• Valid Passport
• ASE certifications
• Bilingual English and Spanish, highly desired.
• Demonstrated presentation skills delivering process and technical training.
• Automotive technical assistance center experience
• Associates Degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology, engineering or other related discipline.
• High school diploma with eight years' experience as an automotive instructional designer, training developer, automotive instructor and/or manufacturing instructor may be considered in lieu of an Associates Degree.
Work is performed in both classroom and plant settings. Working in plant areas may involve exposure to various automotive fumes, fluids, noise, smells, sharp edges and bump hazards that require continuous use of personal protective equipment, i.e., safety glasses, gloves, and head protection. Classroom work may involve standing, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. Duties may involve moving materials weighing up to 35 pounds on a regular basis such as automotive components and equipment, as well as papers, files, boxes, computers, etc. Less frequent requirements for moving materials weighing over 35 pounds do exist with the assistance of lifting and moving equipment, i.e., hoists and lift tables. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while working in the plant areas as well as operating equipment such as computer keyboard, monitor, projector, calculator, printer, and standard office equipment.
Please email Drew Rogers at email@example.com if you are interested, and we’ll set up a quick phone interview to discuss further.
Why Kelly ® ?
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
- Kelly Services Jobs