Mahle CAD Designer in Troy, Michigan
We like it when our employees have goals. What about you? Are you ready to grow with your challenges? MAHLE is a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. With our product portfolio we address all the crucial issues relating to the powertrain and air conditioning technology—both for drives with combustion engines and for e-mobility. Today, some 78.000 employees work on innovative products at 170 production locations and 16 major development centers.
Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility?
- Implements design using CAD software, Catia and UG NX
- Develop air induction system, intake manifold component, carbon canister, valve cover, oil mist separator and oil cooler using CAD software from concepts to production, working from sketches, prints & verbal instructions, in accordance with MAHLE’s & Customers’ procedures & standards.
- Reviews and checks calculations, design models, drawings and design documents for quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and satisfactory completion.
- Perform dimensional stack-ups & layouts utilizing GD&T techniques.
- Work with SAP PLM: check accuracy and structure of Bill of Material, promote or demote lifecycle of drawings and CAD files, and use SAP CAD integration for releases of CAD files.
- Collects, reads, interprets, and uses related reference documents and drawings prepared by other disciplines, vendors, or outside sources.
- Generates and updates design using specifications provided by Development Engineer
- Creates 2D and 3D Data
- Document assumptions, questions & requirements.
- Estimate material & component volumes & weights.
Impress us – with your professional and personal skills.
- Associates Degree or Diploma in Computer Aided Design or related field
- 3 to 5 years practical experience in the applicable CAD software (ie. CATIA, UG NX or Creo)
- 3 to 5 years automotive, manufacturing & assembly design experience in plastic automotive components and systems
- Experience in using Sketch mode, Solid, Surface and Multi Model Link modeling and proficient in drafting
- Good understanding of General Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), Able to perform stack up analysis
- Design experience of air induction components, intake manifold and systems
- Working knowledge of CAD in PLM environment will be advantageous
- Proficiency in MS Office and specified software as needed to support customer teams
- Working knowledge of ISO14001, TS16949 AND OHSAS 18001 standard as applicable to the position
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary
We offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. We ensure this through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program. We value outstanding performance. That’s why our goal is to work with you on a long-term basis. We not only encourage you to reach your potential, we also offer performance-based pay and flexible working options for your different stages of life. Go your path – with us.
Ms. Heidi Schlaud is available to answer any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled