Cosma International Design Engineering Intern in Troy, Michigan
Magna is a company of entrepreneurial-minded people dedicated to delivering innovative solutions today while defining tomorrow. We are a mobility technology company and one of the world’s largest suppliers to the automotive industry. Our agility and expertise make us the ideal partner for autonomy, electrification and building complete vehicles.
The position will be supporting the Design Exteriors group. This will entail anything from light to medium CAD work utilizing NX (or) Catia V5 design software, learning and assisting with Data Administration tasks, as well as learning and assisting with CAD management / organizing.
- Design Support: (NX and/or Catia V5)
- Light to medium design support (i.e. DCR’s, studies, etc.)
- Create / Modify Component Drawings
- Create / Modify Assembly Drawings
- Customer TeamCenter Support:
- Data Import / Export
- Background data management
- Releasing data into the customer’s system
- Assist with setting up program assembly structure
- Centro (Magna Database Software) Support:
- Creating Projects
- Creating Watch Directories and Pipelines for the Projects
- Assisting with Feature Model Templates (FMT’s)
- Creating and organizing a Standard Fastener Library for CAD use.
Knowledge and Education
- High School Diploma
- Currently Attending a College or University
- Some CAD experience in either NX or Catia V5
- TeamCenter knowledge is a plus, but not a must have (we will train)
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient Computer knowledge and skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer.
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna Services of America
Job Type: Internship