Continental Optical Engineer Head-up Displays in Troy, Michigan
Optical Engineer Head-up Displays
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Troy, MI location is seeking a Optical Engineer Head-up Displays to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Main Project Tasks – 80% of work load:
• Utilize the advance knowledge, education and experience of designing/developing HUD Optics.
• Responsible for supporting the detailed design of geometrical optics for a Head Up Display. This will include the calculation of optical performance chains including the visible performance.
• Perform Optical Simulations to define the optical parameters and the size of the package to meet customer requirements.
• Support the definition and design of the optical tolerance calculations.
• Transfer of theoretical optical requirements into the mechanical design for packaging.
• Work between customer and internal Mechanical Engineer to define a feasible packaging solution in the space defined by the customer.
• Use the knowledge of DMD or TFT PGU to optimize the package size and image quality.
• Represent the engineered optics to customers worldwide in the name of the project.
• Serve as project resource to guide customer team with technical decisions in Optics.
• Designing and simulate the optical modules for Head Up Displays.
• Performing optical measurements on all samples and provide a measurement report.
• Optimize the design base on customer feedback, technology improvements and test incidents.
• Investigate the optical failures or deviations in series production.
• Effectively communicate with all project team members.
• Execute project tasks and related deliverables on time while recognizing project requirements and budget impact.
Secondary Tasks – 20% of workload:
• Professionally interface with suppliers and customers, understand technologies and roadmaps.
• Support customers with new business studies.
• Support other projects on an as needed basis to help root-cause any technical issues in the area of HUD Optics.
• Invention Disclosures.
• Analyze customer requirements and develop optical concepts based on the requirements.
• Work together with customer to create a feasible optical solution.
• Work with the Mechanical Engineer team to align Optical requirements together with Mechanical requirements.
• Interact with other disciplines during product development (HW, SW, SE, MFG,….)
• Develop optical designs according to Continental standards and design guidelines.
• Responsible to support the development team from project kick off, component PPAP and product launch.
• Typically supporting one project and priorities are reviewed with supervisor.
• Internal and some external customer interface as needed.
• National and international travel is expected occasionally, depending on the project needs.
• Strong working knowledge in Optical design and simulation Software.
• Common PC based applications.
• Experience required in the design and development of automotive Heads up Display and project work within a project team. Considered experienced in the field. In addition, the candidate should be able to work independently with moderate supervision of work results.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• The candidate for this position should have a bachelor’s degree in Physics or Optical Engineering or comparable.
• Capable of detecting or recognizing problems and identify possible solutions.
• At least five years (two years) of experience in optical design.
• Highly Motivated, Creative, Results-Oriented, Quality Oriented, Able to make Decisions.
• Able to work in a team
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Engineer of optical technologies, especially for lenses and/or mirror-optics.
• Knowledge in the application of Zemax
• Programming experience in one high¬level language MatLab¬Simulink.
• Automotive Experience
Continenal is able to provide visa sponsorhisp for this role
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Engineering, Research and Development
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Continental Jobs