Continental Corporation Sr. Quality Engineer in Troy, Michigan
Sr. Quality Engineer
Supports the Quality Management function for the B&S S1 R&D organization within the following dimensions:
Establishes an efficient QReporting within the entire B&S S1 organization worldwide.
Improves and supports the reporting processes by sharing knowledge and experience to all relevant persons.
Moderation of meetings in B&S Segment 1 (GRM, PSM, S1 Management Summit, etc)
Combines the audit related functions in the segment, acts as internal auditor, supports maintaining the BU Management System.
In the PACT Moderator role, performing Concept PACT (Project Acceleration by Coaching and Teamwork) in the projects and directly supports the application by moderation of workshops and by coaching of Project Managers (PM), Technical Project Leaders (TPL) and Project Teams, including management escalation.
▪ Designs, implements and maintains quality management protocols and follows the process for product development.
▪ Responsible for planning, implementing and managing compliance of development and/or manufacturing processes with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards requirements for worldwide distribution.
▪ Designs methods for inspecting, testing and evaluating the compliance of development within the process, production equipment and finished products.
▪ Performs analysis of reports and data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary.
▪ Assures compliance to inhouse and/or external specifications and standards (e.g.. ISO/TS, APQP, Six Sigma, CSR).
▪ Define, establish, maintain and distribute QReports.
▪ Training and coaching of team members on the related contents.
▪ Responsible to maintain and improve the distribution to bring the right information to the right persons, in time.
▪ Support to improve the reporting process in the Business Unit related to B&S S1.
▪ Bachelors Degree in Engineering related field.
▪ 2+ years of automotive engineering experience.
▪ Background providing own project management and project experience.
▪ Ability to track defined actions.
▪ Able to prepare and perform internal trainings for the dedicated topics.
▪ Background in planning and performing internal System and Process Audits.
▪ Experience presenting to the Quality Management team, drive the defined actions to closure.
▪ Background dealing with internal audits.
▪ Masters Degree in Engineering related field.
▪ 5+ years of Quality Engineering experience.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 46,000 people worldwide and generated sales of €9.3 billion in 2017.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.