Visteon Corporation Global HW CoC Leader in Van Buren Twp, Michigan
Grace Lake Corp Center
Van Buren Twp, MI, USA
Be a Part of the Technology Revolution
There has never been a more exciting time to be part of a technology company such as Visteon. And no industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. We are in the midst of a mobility revolution that will completely change the way we interact with our vehicles, reduce the number of car accidents and fatalities, and make the world a cleaner place.
Visteon is at the epicenter of this mobility revolution. Two major trends in the automotive industry – the shift to electric vehicles and vehicles with autonomous safety technologies – have created unique opportunities for Visteon. We are the only automotive provider focused exclusively on cockpit electronics – the fastest-growing segment in the industry. We’re participating in this new era of technology in the same place we’ve always been – the fast lane.
- Oversee and manage a global team of Electronic Engineers (including EE, ECAD and Technologists) with primary responsibility of delivering our production programs from inception, through launch and into maintenance.
- Approve and review quotes for accuracy and consistency/efficiency.
- Ensure HW CoC teams are following specified processes and Definition of design guidelines of VistWay.
- Re-evaluate global KPIs, frequency and measurement tools to both monitor quality as well as effectiveness on programs.
- Perform efficiency studies (read-across across regions) to establish best practice targets.
- HSIS testing automation and communization
- Centralize services (ECAD, etc)
- Drive global efficiency and re-use by establishing a Bookshelf (Managed Blocks)
- Mentor and arbitrate across teams in the case of conflicts.
- Support the Development of Silicon roadmaps aligned with our Architecture Roadmaps.
- Evaluate global teams' skills for gaps/weakness to ensure we have the proper skills to support emerging technologies, interfaces and architectures.
- Own HW CoC yearly budgeting process, Monitor performance against targets(aggregated). Project specific performance intervention when not meeting program budget/targets against commitment.
- Electrical Engineering Degree. Masters Preferred
- At least 10 years’ experience in the automotive industry in the field of Electronics and electrical system development.
- Experience in Development and launch of complex cockpit electronic systems, preferably with both IVI and Driver Information experience.
- Ability to develop and manage common and re-usable assets on a global scale.
- Working knowledge of automotive ASPICE and traceability.
- Working in distributed team environment (global)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Electrical simulation tools and results
- Managing a complex and highly technical team, establishing KPIs and the tools required to collect and monitor the KPIs.
- Embedded SW knowledge
- IVI and Cluster Design Knowledge
- Architecture development of an entire IVI or Cluster system
Audio/Video and data routing and handling knowledge
System performance KPI development
Leadership qualities of Vision, Communication, Humility, Optimism, Integrity and Courage
More Good Reasons to Work for Visteon
Focusing on the Future
Our company strategy focuses on emerging areas of the automotive industry, including autonomous vehicles. This strategy is driven by constant innovation, and you will support our efforts through your role. We are recognized across the industry for innovation. We have a strong book of business that is expected to drive future growth, along with a customer base that includes almost every automotive manufacturer in the world.
Working at Visteon is a journey in which our employees can develop their strengths and advance their careers while making a difference globally. If you’re looking for an opportunity that will change the world and how we interact with vehicles, join us. Visteon is where the best technical talent creates the future. Learn more about our culture here.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Visteon offers competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that encourages employees to achieve their career goals.
Visteon is a global technology company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics and connected car solutions for the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is driving the smart, learning, digital cockpit of the future, to improve safety and the user experience. Visteon is a global leader in cockpit electronic products including digital instrument clusters, information displays, infotainment, head-up displays, telematics, SmartCore™ cockpit domain controllers, and the DriveCore™ autonomous driving platform. Visteon also delivers artificial intelligence-based technologies, connected car, cybersecurity, interior sensing, embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon had sales of approximately $3 billion in 2018. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
For more information about our company, technologies, and products, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. Additionally, you can follow our careers-focused channels on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with our latest job postings and the great work our employees are doing.
Posted: November 10, 2020