General Motors Creative Designer - Product Design - CRE0001236 in Warren, Michigan
Work independently in developing new designs and concepts for transportation-related products, experiences, or exhibits. Work with other design personnel, following design process from ideation to final release. Decisions are made based on established standards and specifications. Work without continual supervision, but is frequently instructed or checked by others
- Creates original design ideas
- Makes perspective sketches and renderings in scale and full size sufficient to communicate new design ideas
- Develops two and three-dimensional mock-ups of proposed design solutions
- Works with studio engineers, modelers, other designers and service and fabrication personnel in the development of new design ideas in both two and three-dimensional form to required finish
- Stays current with design trends across transportation field
- Presents new thoughts and designs both orally and visually
- Assists supervision and other designers in coordinating design activities
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Understands program timelines and is proactive regarding task completion
Ability to create and communicate new design ideas
Previous design experience with product-related focus
- Strong understanding of form
- Good drawing and graphic skills
- Demonstrated creative proficiency with supporting portfolio
- Ability to create perspective sketches and renderings in scale and full size
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Contributes to creative and aesthetic design solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Good analytical ability where problems are somewhat complex
Education and Training:
- Bachelor degree with a major in product design, industrial design, or related field
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
This job requires a portfolio be submitted. We cannot consider your application without a portfolio.
Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure that your portfolio gets matched up with your online job application.
1. Save your portfolio as a pdf document
2. Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name is John Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf
3. Email your portfolio to email@example.com
4. In the subject line put the following: “Portfolio for CRE00001236” and nothing else.
You may also include separate resume or CV documents. We recommend that you also name these in the same format as your portfolio so that nothing is lost.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.