General Motors Electrical Center – Power Distribution Center DRE - ENG0038560 in Warren, Michigan
The ElectricalCenter – Power Distribution Center DRE is an integral position where a uniquecombination of mechanical, electrical and architectural skills combine todevelop and release a product to distribute power and signal throughout thevehicle. You will interact with many different areas of a vehicle thatwill encompass a rewarding experience to gain extensive working knowledge ofvehicle and electrical architecture in addition to electrical componentvalidation. There is an opportunity of regular hands on vehicleexperience, by troubleshooting and verifying the vehicle experience.
The GM Powerand Signal Distribution System Team offers opportunities across a spectrum ofengineering experience and exposure. These product engineering positionsinvolve responsibility for all activities including; definition ofrequirements, execution of design, and validation and testing - during thedevelopment of Electrical Centers throughout a vehicle’s lifecycle. These rolesrequire an experienced engineer to lead and drive a cross functional productdevelopment team. In addition, they require collaboration with peers in thedesign, purchasing, manufacturing, and quality functions.
The idealcandidate is one who desires to build their technical depth as an engineerwithin an automotive electrical mechanical component. This candidate possessesclear communication skills, project management skills, and is a passionate,hard-working person who enjoys taking on challenges and following through withrobust solutions.
At GeneralMotors, we are interested in providing you the opportunity to develop yourcareer. The skills built with these roles will allow you to grow a strong interpersonalnetwork. This is a foundational position which, done successfully, will open uppossibilities within the company.
- Engineering Degree
- 5 or more years of experience with generating and executing technical solutions for electrical/mechanical components to support new vehicle programs
- Experience leading projects and providing technical leadership for advanced component or technology development
- Performing complex design analysis and evaluating engineering designs
- Working cross-functionally to implement cost reduction, methods and product improvements, and to support prototype and production build activities
- Balancing business imperatives, including but not limited to cost, mass, complexity, and timing
- Production design release of Electrical Centers parts and subsystems
- Communicating information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Staying abreast of relevant new technology and competitive product
- Familiarity with the engineering design of Electrical Centers or equivalent experience (Switches, Connectors, Modules).
- Familiarity with Design For Six Sigma process (DFSS)
- Experience with DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Knowledge of plastic and metal materials, processes, and tooling (Stamping Die, Injection Molded)
- Ability to package a module into a vehicle environment
- Master’s Degree or other Advanced Degree
- Injection Molded Plastic Design
- Mechanical Beam Analysis
- Fuse Relay and Terminal selection application
- Electrical Center in Depth Design and application
- Schematic implementation to PCB Design
- Printed Circuit Board design review and analysis
- Establish and create component design requirements