General Motors Engineering Specialist – Diagnostics Validation SME - ENG0038604 in Warren, Michigan
Automotive Cybersecurityengineer responsible for global test plan/procedure specifications, test strategy, and test design for Cybersecurity elements and practices. Primary focus on ensuring controller and vehicle security is thoroughly validated end-to-end (from supplier, through vehicle, and to the end customer). Provides design evaluation, analysis, and testing of projects where creativity and a high level of independent judgment are involved. Provides technical leadership and guidance to other engineering teams or engineering support staff.
- Develop and/or revise component level Vehicle Cybersecurity test procedures (i.e. In-Vehicle Message Authentication, Secure Diagnostics, Rationality Checks, and/or Fuzz testing).
- Develop and maintain the process for review, audit, and approval of supplier Cybersecurity test plans, and test results to ensure compliance with GM Vehicle Cybersecurity requirements.
- Provide technical support to ECU suppliers on GM test procedures.
- Work with Component Validation Engineers (CVEs), Design Release Engineers and Cybersecurity team to ensure suppliers have delivered validation test results per GVDP milestone.
- Single point of contact to Advanced Architecture Group and Vehicle Cybersecurity management team for providing validation feedback on requirements.
- Write ESIMs, and PRTS+ for issues found during the results review and/or audit. Ensure proper closure of issues.
- Support internal and external ECU suppliers in use of automated testing provided by GM.
- Develop solutions to resolve complex issues for vehicle security.
Basic skills and experience-
- B.S.in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in Electrical or Vehicle Electrical Architecture validation.
- Experience in working with CAN, GMLAN, LIN, UDS (GMW3110, 8772, & 14241).
- Experience in use of serial communication and diagnostics test and service tools (NeoVi/Vspy, Vector CANoe/DiVa, MDI, etc.).
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals.
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a vehicle on a regular basis
Preferredskills and experience-
- M.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in Electrical or Vehicle Electrical Architecture validation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in working with CAN, GMLAN, LIN, UDS, (GMW3110, 8772, & 14241) and WiFi / Bluetooth communication protocols.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in use of serial communication and diagnostics test and service tools (NeoVi/Vspy, Vector CANoe/DiVa, MDI, etc.).
- Familiarity with automotive Cybersecurity, security protocols, and cryptographic methods.