General Motors Exterior Forward Lighting Electronics and HVAC Electronics Release Engineer - ENG0038448 in Warren, Michigan
Responsible for specifying requirements, execution and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and control of major engineering projects where creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Exercises technical direction over other engineers or engineering support personnel (i.e. supplier residents). Gathers, specifies, and balances system requirements to engineer component and subsystem level solutions to meet vehicle program imperatives.
- Release electronic module hardware, software and calibration files in the GM system via EWO's
- Generates technical solutions for current, new, and major programs
- Provides technical leadership for advanced technology development
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments (i.e. HVAC, Interiors, Infotainment), manufacturing, suppliers, and customers
- Monitors performance through analyzing warranty data, investigating verbatims with company drivers, and leading meetings for quality and reliability.
- Travel as required 5-10%
Education and Training
- Bachelor Degree in one of the following areas: Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 or more years of demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of electrical/mechanical mechanisms
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Must be capable of providing component specific direction to new engineers and suppler resident engineers
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required
- Cross functional interface/work experience
-This position requires legally operating a motor vehicle on a daily basis