General Motors Security and Access System Engineer - ENG0039643 in Warren, Michigan
Security and Access System engineer will lead the strategic development of Vehicle Operating State features. Features scope includes Power Mode, Teendriver Mode, and Valet Mode of the vehicle. System engineer will be responsible for developing system requirements, technical specifications, and D FMEAs for Power Mode covering Autonomous and conventional vehicles. System Engineer is responsible to ensure that system engineering methods are applied during the creation, development and validation of the feature functions. Individual is responsible for allocating system specification to lower level. Exercises technical direction over engineering support personnel and may have work direction responsibilities over a group with specific engineering objectives. Consults with supervisor and peers as required.
This is an exciting and rapidly expanding group within GM engineering. Be part of the future!
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Develop and Champion System Technical Specifications (STS) level requirements in DNG (DOORS Next Gen). Manage specification change management using IBM Rational Team Concert(RTC) tool
- Solicit and define customer requirements through customer clinics, competitive benchmarking and working with program teams and marketing
- Develop and maintain system technology roll-out plans
- Lead or support Advance Technical Work (ATW) projects for the development of new features and technologies.
- Lead efforts to generate system level DFMEA
- Allocate and balance System Level requirements to appropriate sub systems and components. Lead design efforts to ensure that System Level requirements are met.
- Act as primary contact for the resolution of current product feature regulatory, compliance, and customer satisfaction issues (including PRTS and SUFS)
- Approve system performance for production release
- Work with system and feature owners, SSLE, BFO, and GSSLT in other domains to ensure proper integration of System requirements
- Lead Validation & Verification efforts for the assigned systems
- Provide technical system support throughout all phases of the GVDP(vehicle development process) to ensure robust program execution and performance
- 5+ years of demonstrated Technical knowledge and ability in relevant engineering disciplines
- Strong understanding of major automotive subsystems (eg. PEPS, Propulsion Systems, Power Closures, etc)
- Experience with and/or knowledge of relevant technologies (eg. EPS, Adv. Suspension Controls, Cybersecurity, FlexRay, AUTOSAR, Hybrid Controls, Ethernet)
- Experience or knowledge of relevant tools( eg: NX(UG), Matlab, Simulink, Rhapsody, IBM Change Synergy, IBM Rational Team Concert and DOORS, DFMEA (FIT Tool)
- Requires excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated leadership managing multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for the results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others. Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Candidate should have one of the following engineering degrees: Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- DFSS Black Belt (Preferred)