General Motors Tool Architect - Power and Signal Distribution Engineer - ENG0037634 in Warren, Michigan
Tool Architect - Power and Signal Distribution Engineer
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Design position responsible for designing, integrating, validating, and deploying tooling solutions based on Mentor Capital.
- Work with internal teams and outside suppliers to design solutions for the global engineering community.
- Coordinate with IT teams to insure solutions are robust and meet IT standards.
- Drive a common working environment and tool solutions for engineers.
- Develop and update process documents and training materials.
- Provide support to users in engineering (troubleshoot issues, coach & mentor users, etc.)
- Participate in the established forums for tool development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Familiarity with software design and software systems
- Ability to debug and resolve tool and process issues
- 2+ years of demonstrated technical knowledge and ability in relevant engineering disciplines
- High level of analytical ability to generalize and reason about complex problem spaces in search of solutions widely applicable across the automotive domain
- Experience using the Mentor Graphics Capital tool suite, Capital Integrator, and Capital Logic
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with physical wire harness architectural design
- Understanding of Automotive Embedded Systems
- Experience using Capital Level Manager
- Knowledge of Electrical, Controls or Software development tools and processes
- Experience with IBM Rational Tools (DOORS, Rhapsody, Rational Team Concert, Synergy, Rational Quality Manager)